Reopening Guidelines for Visitors
Reopening Date: July 28, 2020
We sure have missed your faces! The RMG will be reopening its doors to the public on July 28th, 2020 and we’re really excited to welcome you back! To reopen safely, we are putting a number of protocols and guidelines in place to ensure the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff.
We have temporarily adjusted our opening hours to the following:
Tuesdays to Sundays, 10 am – 4 pm
Tuesdays to Thursdays, 10 am – 12 pm, Seniors and immune-compromised individuals ONLY
What we are doing:
- Limiting the number of visitors to the gallery
- Increasing cleaning particularly of high touch areas
- Providing hand sanitizer at entrances and exits
- Restricting elevator access to one person or one household
- We have cancelled all onsite group programming for the foreseeable future
- Closing interactive spaces and installations; closing the community lounge
- Installed plexiglass at the reception and shop counters
What are we asking visitors to do:
- Self-assess before visiting. If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home and enjoy the Virtual RMG
- Check our hours as they are reduced at this time
- Wear a mask during your visit to help protect each other. If you don’t have your own, we’re happy to provide one to you when you arrive. It’s a small and simple way to protect each other and our community.
- Social distance during your visit. There will be cues for visitors throughout the space, please be mindful of some of the narrowed corridors.
- Check in at the our Welcome Desk in the RMG Shop upon arrival
- Follow the one-way route throughout the galleries. There will be arrows, directional signage, and a map shared when you arrive.
- Out coat room will be closed, so please plan accordingly
We all have a role to play in protecting each other and preventing the further spread of COVID-19, and we thank you for helping us achieve this goal.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with [email protected]
Want to stay connected and receive updates from the RMG? Subscribe to our e-News here.