Guidelines for Visitors
We’re excited to welcome you back to the RMG! We have a number of protocols and guidelines in place to ensure the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff.
We all have a role to play in protecting each other and preventing the further spread of COVID-19, and we thank you for helping us achieve this goal.
As of October 22, all visitors to the RMG who are ages 12 and up will be required to be fully vaccinated. We’ve included a list of FAQs on this page to prepare you for the visit.
Tuesdays to Sundays, 10AM – 4PM
Fragrance Free at the RMG
Kindly note that the RMG is a scent free space. In order to remain respectful of individuals who may have sensitivity to certain scents or smells, we would like to ask all visitors to help us in creating a fragrance free environment that everyone can enjoy.
What are we asking visitors to do:
- Be prepared to show Proof of Vaccination and Proof of Identity upon arrival.
- Self-assess before visiting. If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home and enjoy the Virtual RMG.
- Wear a mask during your visit to help protect each other. If you don’t have your own, we’re happy to provide one to you when you arrive. It’s a small and simple way to protect each other and our community.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres must be maintained; capacity limits will be placed at the entrance to each room and exhibition space. There will be cues for visitors throughout the space, please be mindful of some of the narrowed corridors.
- Follow the one-way route throughout the galleries. There will be arrows, directional signage, and a map shared when you arrive.
- Our coat room will be closed, so please plan accordingly.
- Check in upon arrival
What the RMG is doing:
- Established an internal vaccination policy that requires all staff, volunteers, students, and contractors to be fully vaccinated
- Limiting the number of visitors to the gallery
- Increased cleaning particularly of high touch areas
- Providing hand sanitizer at entrances and exits
- Restricting elevator access to one person or one household
- Installed plexiglass at the reception and shop counters
Am I required to be vaccinated to enter the RMG?
The RMG expects all visitors ages 12 and up to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
As of October 22, the RMG will require proof of vaccination for all visitors 12 and up. Entry will be denied to those who are 12 and older who cannot prove full vaccination status.
What documentation is required?
The RMG will accept the Ontario Enhanced Vaccine Certificate when it becomes available. Until then, the following documentation will be accepted:
- Receipt of full COVID-19 vaccination issued by the public health authority that administered the vaccine. For visitors who received their vaccinations in Ontario, documents can be accessed at https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ with an OHIP number.
- A vaccination receipt signed by an Indigenous Health Provider
- Government issued ID (i.e. driver’s license, health card or passport) that matches the proof of full vaccination documentation.
If you are having trouble getting your Proof of Vaccination receipt, please call the Province of Ontario’s helpline at 1-833-943-3900. Oshawa Public Library is also providing access to printers for those who need to print Proof of Vaccination.
Will the RMG keep my personal health information?
No. When you present your vaccine documentation, your health information will not be recorded.
What types of vaccines are considered acceptable?
The RMG will accept any combination of vaccines currently approved by the Province of Ontario, with the last dose having been administered at least 14 days prior to your visit. Please visit the https://covid-19.ontario.ca/proof-covid-19-vaccination for more information.
What if I have an approved medical exemption?
The RMG will accept document exemptions as outlined by the Province of Ontario. Visitors must provide written document from a physician or nurse practitioner outlining medical exemption must include:
- the name and contact information of the physician or nurse practitioner (for example, phone number and address)
- a logo or letterhead identifying the physician or nurse practitioner
- a statement that there is a medical reason for your exemption for being fully vaccinated
- an effective time-period for the medical reason within the date you are seeking access to the RMG
Do children 11 and under need to show a negative test result to be admitted?
Children 11 and under do not need to show test results at this time.
Are RMG employees vaccinated?
The RMG has an internal policy in place that requires all staff, volunteers, students, and contractors to be fully vaccinated.
Are fully vaccinated visitors to the RMG required to wear a mask?
Yes. Everyone over the age of 2 must continue to wear a mask while visiting and ensure physical distancing. Please review all of our guidelines before your visit.
Who can I contact to receive more information about your proof of vaccination policy?
Any comments regarding the vaccination policy should be directed to [email protected] We will not tolerate any harassment of our staff as they enforce the RMG’s policies.
The RMG believes that art museums and galleries act as agents of social change, as sites of well-being, and as indicators of a progressive return to normality for our community.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with [email protected]
Want to stay connected and receive updates from the RMG? Subscribe to our e-News here.