September 15, 2016 - October 02, 2016
Deadline for entry: September 1st, 2016
Opening Reception and Awards: Thursday, September 15th, 7pm – 9pm Music beginning at 6:30pm
Mary Gartlan: Co-Chair
Eric Beaton: Co-Chair
Call for Submissions!
Categories: Primarily Subject-Oriented, not Medium-Oriented:
- People / Figures
- Landscape / Seascape / Cityscape
- Wildlife / Animals / Birds
- Still Life Subjects / Flowers
- Abstract: a) Derivative -morphed from reality, or b) Imaginative – no reality whatsoever
- Sculpture / Three Dimensional
- Accepted Media include: acrylic, fibre, giclée, graphite, mixed media, oil, pastel, pencil, sculptures, three dimensional, watercolour and multi-media panels. (Multiple panels are considered one piece of art.)
- No Photography will be accepted. All Juror’s decisions are Final.
- The Oshawa Art Association Juried Show Committee reserves the right to refuse any work of art which may offend the general public.
- All paintings must be suitable framed with the appropriate hardware using “D” rings (no saw hooks or screw eyes), taut wire of sufficient gauge for the weight of the artwork, and placed not more than 1/3 from the top of the frame. Those without the proper hardware will be ineligible for entry.
- All paintings must be thoroughly dry, and suitably finished/sealed based on the medium. Gallery style canvases, or wooden panels (minimum 1.5 inches thick), are acceptable without a frame, if all visible edges are painted or finished.
- Only original works may be submitted. Any copies of art by other visual artists, whether paintings or photographs; or classroom work which has been demonstrated on by instructors, will not be allowed. All submitted pieces must have been created within 12 months of the beginning of the Juried Art Exhibition.
- Proper identification labels must be placed securely at the back of each work of art, or on the base of each sculpture.
- Accepted art shall remain throughout the entire duration of the O.A.A. Juried Show; even when sold. All art in the Juried show will be for sale. Pieces may no longer be entered as Not for Sale.
- Entry changes and substitutions will not be accepted. Limit of two entries per artist. The entry fee is non-refundable. Entrants must members of the Oshawa
- Art Association or reside within the Durham Region of Ontario.
- A maximum canvas size of 5 feet by 5 feet, and a maximum weight of 60lbs.
- All sculpture pieces must be self-standing/self-supporting.
- If a piece is heavy, please make contact with the O.A.A. Co-Chairs for arrangements.
- How to properly hang a piece of artwork for the Juried Exhibition:
- D Rings (no saw hooks or screw eyes)
- Taut wire with sufficient gauge
- Placed 1/3 from the top of the frame
- A volunteer will be at the door checking for proper hardware. No repairs will be made on sight by the O.A.A. Artists may leave and come back by the drop-off deadline (7:45pm) to complete any repairs if needed. No exceptions.
- Deadline: September 1, 2016 (postmarked or hand delivered)
- Delivery of Art: Deliveries will be accepted at the Robert McLaughlin Gallery on Thursday, September 8th, 2016 from 4 pm to 7:45 pm.
- Notice of Acceptance: All Artists with accepted pieces of artwork will be notified by phone on Saturday, September 10th from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Pick-up of Declined Artwork: Sunday, September 11th, from 12 noon to 3:45 pm.
- Pick-up of Exhibited Artwork: Sunday, October 2nd, 2016 from 4 pm to 5:45 pm.
- Please Note: The artist is responsible for transporting artwork to and from the exhibition. Art shall be delivered in person by the artist or designate. The Gallery will not accept them from a delivery service. Please make alternate arrangements if unable to pick-up your artwork. The artist is responsible for providing adequate insurance protection. All art shall be picked-up on the dates and at the times listed.
For more information contact:
Mary Gartlan (905-576-7693)
Eric Beaton [email protected]