RMG Fridays is now screening short films!
Introducing Friday Film Features, a community initiative telling the stories that live in the creative minds of our local filmmakers.
We invite you to submit short narrative, experimental, animation or documentary films (under 15 minutes) to be screened in the Lookout during RMG Fridays. Rolling Deadline!
Friday Film Features themes for 2016:
- A Spring Thing, March 4th: In spirit of the the season, submit shorts that celebrate new life, rebirth or the stories of incredible Women in our community/society to coincide with International Women’s Day.
- Hip-HOpera, April 1st: Submit shorts that speak to elements of hip-hop culture or the Opera scene.
- National Youth Week, May 6th: Submit shorts highlighting the power of youth in our community and beyond.
- Vogue Ball, June 3rd: Submit short films inspired by the LGBTQ-A community in celebration of Durham Pride.
- Kitchen Party, July 8th: Submit short films that touch on building community through music, storytelling through song, or celebrating the topic of east-coast kitchen parties.
- Circus? August 5th: Submit a piece that reflects themes found in at a circus. Colourful characters, interesting talents and a whole lot of fun and/or mystery.
- All Access Pass, September 2nd: Submit short films that highlight characters with different abilities. Films involving themes of inclusivity, breaking down stigmas and stereotypes will be given the most consideration.
- RMG Speakeasy, October 7th: Call for short films carrying themes from the 1920s, specifically surrounding prohibition. Films with themes of underground markets, evading the law, secret societies etc. will be given the most consideration.
Apply online using the form below and for more information, please contact our Manager of Community and Volunteer Development, Carla Sinclair. We look forward to seeing your films!
We are grateful to the Ontario Trillium Foundation for the support of RMG Fridays.
- Each film must be original and made by the artist.
- Friday Film Features will be chosen based on artistic and technical merit. Decision of the jury will be final.
- Artists will be notified by email. If selected, artists agree to allow the screening of their film in the Lookout during RMG Fridays. Artists will provide the RMG with a copy of the film at a format ready to be projected.
- Artists must be the sole owner of the copyright for the film. As such, the artist holds the RMG harmless from any breach of copyright in Canada, the U.S.A. or internationally.
- Copyright of all images will remain with the artist, with the following limitations:
- The RMG will claim right to use selected entries without payment of fees, in publicity, promotion or advertisement in support of RMG Fridays.
- The RMG reserves the right to reproduce the image in marketing and promoting RMG Fridays events for a maximum of two years. When used, the submission will be marked with the proper credit line to the artist.
- By entering, all entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless The Robert McLaughlin Gallery and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this competition or any competition-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- There is no fee paid to the artist for screening at Friday Film Features. However, the artist may sell related promotional merchandise (i.e. DVD’s, etc) of the film.
Participation in the RMG Friday Film Features submission indicates your complete acceptance and acknowledgement that you have read, understand and accept these rules.