Reopening Guidelines for Visitors
We’re excited to welcome you back to the RMG! To reopen safely, we are putting a number of protocols and guidelines in place to ensure the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff.
We all have a role to play in protecting each other and preventing the further spread of COVID-19, and we thank you for helping us achieve this goal.
Tuesdays to Sundays, 10AM – 4PM
What are we asking visitors to do:
- Self-assess before visiting. If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home and enjoy the Virtual RMG
- Wear a mask during your visit to help protect each other. If you don’t have your own, we’re happy to provide one to you when you arrive. It’s a small and simple way to protect each other and our community.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres must be maintained; capacity limits will be placed at the entrance to each room and exhibition space. There will be cues for visitors throughout the space, please be mindful of some of the narrowed corridors.
- Follow the one-way route throughout the galleries. There will be arrows, directional signage, and a map shared when you arrive.
- Our coat room will be closed, so please plan accordingly
- Check in upon arrival
What the RMG is doing:
- Limiting the number of visitors to the gallery
- Increased cleaning particularly of high touch areas
- Providing hand sanitizer at entrances and exits
- Restricting elevator access to one person or one household
- Installed plexiglass at the reception and shop counters
The RMG believes that art museums and galleries act as agents of social change, as sites of well-being, and as indicators of a progressive return to normality for our community.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with [email protected]
Want to stay connected and receive updates from the RMG? Subscribe to our e-News here.