June 01, 2016 - August 31, 2016
The Magic Gumball Machine of Fate is an artist’s multiple project that distributes work by Canadian creators and makes art affordable for everyone. The project is curated by Catherine Heard. A new artist edition will be available each month and will be launched the evening of RMG Fridays!
- July 2016: Keener Badge, Shannon Gerard
- August 2016: Quit Your Day Job: Iron On Transfers
- September 2016: Melissa Arruda: Manadala
- November 2015: Cat’s Eye, Moira Clark
- December 2015: Persistence of Polyhedrons, Penelope Stewart
- January 2016: Crytographs, Andy Fabo
- February 2016: The Astounding Thaumantrope, Jennifer Linton
- March 2016: Some Phlags, David Poolman and Matthew Williamson
- April 2016: April Fool’s Mix!
- May 2016: CUPS (Compulsory University Problematic Society), a collective of OCAD students
- June 2016: Another Day With You, Erin Candela & Paula Huisman
Call for Submissions
The Magic Gumball Machine of Fate is an artist’s multiples project that distributes works by Canadian creators and makes art affordable for everyone. Multiples are sold from classic Northern Beaver Vending Machines for $2, from machines located at The Robert McLaughlin Gallery, Artscape Toronto, The Artists’ Newsstand at Chester Subway station, and other Toronto locations.
- Edition size: 75 to 150.
- Multiples may be any medium.
- Multiples must fit inside a 3” plastic ball.
- Multiples are sold for $2 each, and the full sale price is paid to the artist.
- Plastic balls for packaging are supplied to the artist (no charge)
- Past projects can be viewed at: https://www.facebook.com/The-Magic-Gumball-Machine-of-Fate-687503758061147/?fref=ts
- Proposals are accepted on an ongoing basis (no deadlines)
- Please include the following in your proposal:
- 5 – 10 images of your past works (with image list)
- Written description of your proposed project
- Photographs of a maquette of your proposed project
- Email project submissions to [email protected]
The RMG is not the jurying body for the submission process. Please direct any questions or comments regarding this project to Independent Curator Catherine Heard at [email protected]
Curated by Catherine Heard