We’re excited to welcome you back to the RMG! We have a number of protocols and guidelines in place to ensure the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff.
We all have a role to play in protecting each other and preventing the further spread of COVID-19, and we thank you for helping us achieve this goal.
As of April 1, the RMG will no longer require visitors to present proof of vaccination or wear a mask to visit or participate in programming. We will continue to encourage our visitors to wear masks during their visit, and staff will continue to wear masks when onsite. As we all adjust to these changes, let us practice collective kindness and understanding for individual decisions as everyone has varying levels of comfort after living so long with public health restrictions.
We ask all visitors to conduct a COVID-19 self-screening before visiting. If you feel ill, please stay home to help keep our community safe and healthy.
Thank you for your continued understanding and patience as we begin to welcome people back into our physical space!
Fragrance Free at the RMG
Kindly note that the RMG is a scent free space. In order to remain respectful of individuals who may have sensitivity to certain scents or smells, we would like to ask all visitors to help us in creating a fragrance free environment that everyone can enjoy.
What are we asking visitors to do:
- Self-assess before visiting. If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home and enjoy the Virtual RMG.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres must be maintained; capacity limits will be placed at the entrance to each room and exhibition space. There will be cues for visitors throughout the space, please be mindful of some of the narrowed corridors.
- Follow the one-way route throughout the galleries. There will be arrows, directional signage, and a map shared when you arrive.
- Our coat room will be closed, so please plan accordingly.
- Check in upon arrival
What the RMG is doing:
- Established an internal vaccination policy that requires all staff, volunteers, students, and contractors to be fully vaccinated
- Increased cleaning particularly of high touch areas
- Providing hand sanitizer at entrances and exits
- Restricting elevator access to one person or one household
- Installed plexiglass at the reception and shop counters
Are RMG employees vaccinated?
The RMG has an internal policy in place that requires all staff, volunteers, students, and contractors to be fully vaccinated.
Are visitors to the RMG required to wear a mask?
As of April 1, 2022, visitors are no longer required to wear a mask. We are a mask friendly space so, where one if you would feel more comfortable doing so.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at info[email protected]
Want to stay connected and receive updates from the RMG? Subscribe to our e-News here.